The last time Kanye West appeared at a benefit to help victims of a nature disaster, he stole the show with choice, controversial words. Last night, at the “12-12-12″ Sandy Benefit concert in New York City, the rapper was, once again, the center of attention—but this time, it was for his clothes. The Internet went crazy over Kanye’s black leather skirt, but he’s hardly the first man to rock one. Here’s a look at other men who’ve worn skirts publicly and proudly.
More Photography from Time
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images
- ‘War Games’: Museum of Childhood Highlights Militarism in the Playpen
- Cannes 2013: Fashion Highlights from the 66th Annual Festival
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013