The last time Kanye West appeared at a benefit to help victims of a nature disaster, he stole the show with choice, controversial words. Last night, at the “12-12-12″ Sandy Benefit concert in New York City, the rapper was, once again, the center of attention—but this time, it was for his clothes. The Internet went crazy over Kanye’s black leather skirt, but he’s hardly the first man to rock one. Here’s a look at other men who’ve worn skirts publicly and proudly.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- Fashion Off the Runway: Celebrating Street Style Photography
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator