Twice a year, the fashion industry descends on the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week, the first of the major four showings. And while the runway shows themselves are orderly presentations of forthcoming trends and fashions, the making of New York Fashion Week is a long and sometimes chaotic process. This season, TIME commissioned photography duo Therese + Joel to document the madness and mania, from the front row to backstage and everywhere in between. Here, a look at highlights from the whirlwind week.
More Photography from Time
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013
- The Big Apple Sketched: James Gulliver Hancock’s ‘All the Buildings in New York’
- Glamorous Gatsby Dazzles, Featuring Prada, Miu Miu, Tiffany & Brooks Brothers
- Derby Style: The Best Hats at the 2013 Race
- Pretty in Punk: Moda Operandi’s MET-Inspired Collection