Designer Nanette Lepore is dedicated to producing the majority of her eponymous fashion label inside New York City’s famed Garment Center. Within this 10-block radius, Lepore works closely with cutters, sewers and other specialists to control the look, feel and overall quality of each and every garment she produces. TIME takes a tour behind-the-scenes to see the garment-production process in action.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- Fashion Off the Runway: Celebrating Street Style Photography
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968′s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator