Designer Nanette Lepore is dedicated to producing the majority of her eponymous fashion label inside New York City’s famed Garment Center. Within this 10-block radius, Lepore works closely with cutters, sewers and other specialists to control the look, feel and overall quality of each and every garment she produces. TIME takes a tour behind-the-scenes to see the garment-production process in action.
More Photography from Time
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images
- ‘War Games’: Museum of Childhood Highlights Militarism in the Playpen
- Cannes 2013: Fashion Highlights from the 66th Annual Festival
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013