At his recent Spring 2013 show at Milan Fashion Week, Giorgio Armani reminded us why his dresses are red-carpet regulars for Hollywood celebrities. There were beautifully-tailored dresses in pretty, watercolor shades as well as louder pieces that sparkled. But he also reminded us why Lady Gaga, a singer who’s known for her more eccentric sartorial sense, tapped him to design her Born This Way tour outfits. Many of the ensembles in his new collection seemed to draw inspiration from outer space, with galaxies, constellations and the solar system as design elements. Herewith, a look at some of our favorite pieces.
More Photography from Time
- Cannes 2013: Fashion Highlights from the 66th Annual Festival
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013
- The Big Apple Sketched: James Gulliver Hancock’s ‘All the Buildings in New York’
- Glamorous Gatsby Dazzles, Featuring Prada, Miu Miu, Tiffany & Brooks Brothers
- Derby Style: The Best Hats at the 2013 Race