At his recent Spring 2013 show at Milan Fashion Week, Giorgio Armani reminded us why his dresses are red-carpet regulars for Hollywood celebrities. There were beautifully-tailored dresses in pretty, watercolor shades as well as louder pieces that sparkled. But he also reminded us why Lady Gaga, a singer who’s known for her more eccentric sartorial sense, tapped him to design her Born This Way tour outfits. Many of the ensembles in his new collection seemed to draw inspiration from outer space, with galaxies, constellations and the solar system as design elements. Herewith, a look at some of our favorite pieces.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- Fashion Off the Runway: Celebrating Street Style Photography
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images