A second Michael White restaurant in three weeks? Yes, because Morini is a long way (literally and figuratively) from Marea. Go here with a big group of hearty eaters, and order everything in sight. You won’t mind the noise when you’re making it yourself.
- Crostini with smoked trout, roast beets, ricotta, squash and veal crudo
- Calamari with kale, stewed tomatoes and parmigiano
- Prosciutto and mortadella meatballs baked in tomato sauce
- Gnocchi, with beef cheek ragu, dried cherries and black olives
- Mixed grill
- Brussels sprouts and pancetta
Bobby Ghosh is an editor-at-large at TIME. Ghosh Eats documents his high-low gastronomic adventures.