Fashion’s latest fusion project has partnered Italian shoe designer Sergio Rossi with Chinese artist Peng Wei for a collection of eight boots made of rice paper. The colorful creations made their debut a few days ago at the designer’s Paris boutique in honor of Foire Internationale d’Art Contemporain, an annual contemporary art festival in the French capital. Fittingly, then, the shoes are more art than fashion—designed to be admired, and not worn—and take inspiration from traditional Chinese art forms (Wei is the daughter of artist Peng Xiancheng), such ink wash paintings.
More Photography from Time
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013
- The Big Apple Sketched: James Gulliver Hancock’s ‘All the Buildings in New York’
- Glamorous Gatsby Dazzles, Featuring Prada, Miu Miu, Tiffany & Brooks Brothers
- Derby Style: The Best Hats at the 2013 Race
- Pretty in Punk: Moda Operandi’s MET-Inspired Collection