The Florida home of Mickey and Minnie Mouse is getting some royal company. December 6 marks the opening of the Magic Kingdom park’s largest expansion ever, doubling the size of Fantasyland, the park’s original and most popular section. Though Disney World has updated its famed Dumbo ride and revamped a Goofy roller coaster in a Storybook Circus section, parents with daughters will undoubtedly be drawn to the second section, Enchanted Forest, centered around Disney princesses like The Little Mermaid‘s Ariel and Beauty and the Beast‘s Belle. The area that brought you rides like “It’s a Small World” has always been the park’s most family-friendly; the trend continues with character meet-and-greets catered to the park’s youngest visitors. Find out more about New Fantasyland in this week’s issue of TIME (available online for subscribers only).
More Photography from Time
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013
- The Big Apple Sketched: James Gulliver Hancock’s ‘All the Buildings in New York’
- Glamorous Gatsby Dazzles, Featuring Prada, Miu Miu, Tiffany & Brooks Brothers
- Derby Style: The Best Hats at the 2013 Race
- Pretty in Punk: Moda Operandi’s MET-Inspired Collection