From the mighty mitre to more whimsical sombreros, Pope Benedict has long adorned himself with headgear worthy of His Holiness. Some towered tall above him. Others enveloped his head. All served to showcase his status as the pontiff of the Roman Catholic church.
More Photography from Time
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images
- ‘War Games’: Museum of Childhood Highlights Militarism in the Playpen
- Cannes 2013: Fashion Highlights from the 66th Annual Festival
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013