Twice a year, the fashion industry descends on the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week, the first of the major four showings. And while the runway shows themselves are orderly presentations of forthcoming trends and fashions, the making of New York Fashion Week is a long and sometimes chaotic process. This season, TIME commissioned photography duo Therese + Joel to document the madness and mania, from the front row to backstage and everywhere in between. Here, a look at highlights from the whirlwind week.
More Photography from Time
- Fashion Off the Runway: Celebrating Street Style Photography
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images