Twice a year, the fashion industry descends on the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week, the first of the major four showings. And while the runway shows themselves are orderly presentations of forthcoming trends and fashions, the making of New York Fashion Week is a long and sometimes chaotic process. This season, TIME commissioned photography duo Therese + Joel to document the madness and mania, from the front row to backstage and everywhere in between. Here, a look at highlights from the whirlwind week.
More Photography from Time
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images
- ‘War Games’: Museum of Childhood Highlights Militarism in the Playpen
- Cannes 2013: Fashion Highlights from the 66th Annual Festival
- YSL Inspired: The Designer’s Colorful Career Reimagined
- Arts Briefing: A Preview of Frieze New York 2013