Each year, the Kentucky Derby, sometimes called “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports,” kicks off the first part of the U.S. Triple Crown. But the Derby has also become famous for the colorful and creative hats worn by attendees, which, at times, command more attention than the horse race itself. Here, a look at some that stole the show this weekend in Louisville, Ky.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images