Three restaurants—in Podgorica, Koror and Porto Montenegro—serve up the best of the southern Adriatic.
1. La Scala, Podgorica: Dalmatian prosciutto
2. Stari Mlini, Kotor: Trout cooked in honey—a local speciality I highly recommend
3. La Scala, Podgorica: grilled octopus
4. Restaurant One, Porto Montenegro: Caprese salad
5. Restaurant One,Porto Montenegro: sea bass, orange-flavored butter, zucchini and carrot
Bobby Ghosh is an editor-at-large at TIME. Ghosh Eats documents his high-low gastronomic adventures.