This year, Quvenzhané Wallis, 9, became Oscar history’s youngest Best Actress nominee for her role in Beasts of the Southern Wild. In honor of the Academy Awards this Sunday, we look back at other young Oscar nominees (as well as winners!) and what they wore on their big night.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- Fashion Off the Runway: Celebrating Street Style Photography
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images