From her “Like a Virgin” wedding dress at the 1981 MTV Video Music Awards to her golden, crowned goddess look at Super Bowl XLVI, Madonna never fails to make headlines with her fashion. Now, a new traveling show offers a glimpse into some of the performer’s lesser known styles. Madonna: A Transformational Exhibition (through May 12) features never-before-seen work of photographers Richard Corman and George DuBose, curated by Rock Paper Photo, and shows the pop icon in full 80’s attire. Sponsored by W Hotels Worldwide and Glacéau VitaminWater in partnership with Rock Paper Photo, the tour will be on view at several W locations in New York City today, before traveling through Europe and Asia. Herewith, highlights from the exhibition.
More Photography from Time
- 5 Questions with Retailer Jeffrey Kalinsky
- From Paris With Love: Haute Couture Fashion Week in 30 Pictures
- Justin Bieber’s Style Statements: The Good, The Bad, The Questionable
- Mad Men Finale: 1968’s Fashion Revolution
- Isabel Marant: H&M’s Latest Fashion Collaborator
- Diamond Dogs: 50 Years of Terry O’Neill’s Stunning Images